• Learn About Drug Treatment
  • Explore Detox & Rehab Programs
  • Discover Types of Addiction
  • Find Out How To Get Help
Who Answers?

Rehab Centers: Washington State Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment

Learn More About Washington Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers

As soon as you recognize your addiction to alcohol or drugs, it’s time to seek professional help. The rehab centers Washington State has available can help you prepare for a brighter future, especially if it specializes in your addiction needs. For example, if you are addicted to opioids, you should choose a drug rehab that provides medication-assisted treatment, or MAT. MAT is a comprehensive treatment approach that blends therapy with a medication like methadone to manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings for relapse prevention. Methadone therapy also helps patients maintain stability and motivation so they can focus more effectively on other therapies in their recovery.

The way that different individuals with substance use disorders (SUDs) need different approaches to succeed even applies to patients in the same family. Consider an example of siblings addicted to stimulants. While one might require an inpatient program with medical treatment, the other may be fine attending an outpatient program without medical staff. If one of the siblings has a co-occurring mental health disorder like anxiety, they may need a program specializing in both addiction and co-occurring disorders or dual disorder treatment. The other may be fine in a program that focuses solely on addiction.

As you research rehab centers in Washington State, consider how long a treatment stay you need. Programs can range in duration from two weeks to a few months or longer. The length of your treatment stay should be based on getting sufficient treatment for healing without staying removed from independent living for longer than is healthy for your overall well being. If you develop anxiety about returning to independent living after an inpatient or residential program, there are ways to smooth that transition. You could transition into a partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, or outpatient program, so that you are still receiving regular treatment even though your living situation has changed. If you and your therapist feel that it isn’t time for you to return to living alone just yet, you may move into a sober living house first. At a sober living facility, residents attend treatment, contribute to house chores, and follow the rules of maintaining sobriety.

Where do calls go?

Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center. Calls to any general helpline will be answered or returned by one of the treatment providers listed, each of which is a paid advertiser: ARK Behavioral Health, Recovery Helpline, Alli Addiction Services.

By calling the helpline you agree to the terms of use. We do not receive any commission or fee that is dependent upon which treatment provider a caller chooses. There is no obligation to enter treatment.

Who Answers?