Tips for Locating Addiction Treatment
If your loved one is currently addicted to alcohol or drugs, they need to consider seeking treatment from health professionals that can assist them in overcoming their addiction. Finding the right addiction recovery center can make a big difference in the journey to getting their life back in order.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, an effective treatment plan must help an individual stop using drugs and become drug-free, and treatment that is effective should also help the addict achieve productive functioning in their family life, as well as in their work, and in society in general.
Finding Appropriate Addiction Recovery Facilities
Seeking the help of rehab treatment centers that meets the needs of a loved one is vital to succeeding in the recovery process. Not all facilities operate the same way. Each one may offer different addiction programs. The 5 tips below were designed to help you and your family select the right rehabilitation center to help your loved one:
- Speak with a trained addiction specialist or counselor that can help you choose the right rehabilitation center for your loved one. They will ask questions about their addiction to alcohol or drugs. This will help them pinpoint substance addiction centers that specializes in the area of addiction your loved one needs help with.
- If your loved one is dealing with a mental health disorder, you need to let them know this too. The specialist can then search for an addiction establishment that helps addict’s suffering from dual diagnosis.
- When choosing a professional dependency center, it also helps to find out what exactly their addiction treatment plan involves. Knowing what strategies are used to help with the addiction is essential. If the addiction is for prescription drug abuse for instance, it will not be the same if the center you chose specializes in mostly helping alcoholics.
- It helps to speak with trained addiction therapists that understand your loved one’s problem. They should also be able to assist you in finding a center that is closest to your loved ones location, and can be contacted as soon as possible.
- Another tip is learning the best type of treatment options available for your loved one. There are inpatient addiction centers and outpatient treatment programs. Find a drug and alcohol abuse facility that will perform an in-person evaluation and the results of that evaluation will help determine which program will benefit your loved one.
By carefully planning the steps to recovery, the chances of success are higher and relapse can be avoided. Every individual is different, and having the same type of treatment for everyone does not work. By learning more about the severity of the addiction and any mental disorders that may be present, a proper plan of recovery can be implemented as soon as possible.
When Can I Contact a Certified Addiction Counselor or Therapist?
If you need to talk to a qualified addiction therapist about finding an addiction recovery facility, you can do so at any time. Professional counselors are available 24/7 800-839-1663 to answer questions about substance dependency, and how a recovery program can help.
Abusing Alcohol With a Combination of Drugs
There are substance abuse services that an alcoholism and drug abuse center can offer to help an addict whether they are using one or more drugs. Stopping an addiction is not easy, and more so if there are more than one type of drug involved. By talking to trained counselors about the needs of your loved one and what they want to accomplish, they will help you find the right local drug rehab.